An appropriate workout today would involve some calisthenics and a chance for the muscles to recover after a few solid days of running. I'm going to suggest some cross-training today to provide a bit of a reprieve from what we've been doing the last three weeks or so. It's always good to give your muscles the occasional break, over and above the occasional rest day.
So, today's workout is as follows:
- 3 sets of 30 push-ups - Each set should be a different sort of push-up, but I'll let you choose which kind, specifically.
- 1 plank, to isometric maximum
- 2 sets of 50 abdominal exercises of the "crunch" variety.
- Your choice of one of the following:
- 40 minute bike ride
- 40 minutes of jumping rope